Here’s what I presented at tonight’s faculty meeting:
Five: I am perfectly happy with the educational technology in my life. I know how to use the tools that are available to me and everything I want to use functions properly.
Fist: The exact opposite of that.
Where are you right now?
My goal is to get you to open up your hands.
Knowing full well that your time is finite and precious, here’s what I have to offer you:
1) Material when you want it: WillistonBlogs.com/EdTech
– Support database
– What’s going on in EdTech: MassCUE, YDKWYDK
2) 1:1 training sessions and support
– Hit a wall? Reach out
– Hear of something new? Reach out
– Not sure where to go? Reach out
3) Department office chill time
– There for you to ask questions
Some topics to draw your attention to:
1) Surface Management with HP Classroom Manager
– Has all of the features of LANSchool and more
– Easier to use and more stable
– Demo video
2) Screen recording with SnagIt
– Dead simple, stable, and easy screen recording
– Record your class
– Helps inform kids who are absent
– Kids can rewatch something they might need to see again
– Peer review yourself
3) Student screencasts
– The best way to learn is to teach
– Contribute to other classes… here and in the wide world
What I’d like to ask of you:
1) Share great edtch moments!
1) Join up with MattieByrd and me in discussing edtech. We’re having regular discussions about the past, present, and future of edtech and would love to bring in more voices over coffee and tea. Let one of us know if you’d like to get in one the next discussion, and you can be a part of picking the time.