- Our next evening meeting will be on Monday, 10/30 from 6:15 to 7pm in Schoolhouse 25. Anyone at any level of math is welcome to attend!
- We talked about are team themes of “Learning by doing” and “Promoting a fun and joyous culture of math”.
- We spoke about the schedule for our year. We will have ~14 on campus competition and 3 off campus competitions. We will also meet at least once a month on a Monday evening.
- We worked on some NEML practice problems.
- We broke into groups to work on four tasks: A 10/4 assembly announcement, populating the hallway bulletin board, Middle School outreach, and designing a new team shirt. Group leaders were chosen.
- Everyone was reminded to check their email for updates.
Our first competition dates have been set!
The six New England Math League competitions are open to anyone at any level of math. No sign up or registration necessary. Just bring yourself, a pencil, and a calculator! All competitions take place in Schoolhouse 25. The competitions last 30 mins and must be started sometime in the first half hour of each listed time slot:
- NEML 1: Thursday, 10/19/17, 2:35 to 3:35pm
- NEML 2: Tuesday, 11/14/17, 3 to 4pm
- NEML 3: Thursday, 12/14/17, 2:35 to 3:35pm
- NEML 4: Thursday, 1/11/18, 2:35 to 3:35pm
- NEML 5: Tuesday, 2/13/18, 2:35 to 3:35pm
- NEML 6: Tuesday, 3/27/18, 2:35 to 3:35pm
A team of 4 students will be attending the WPI Invitational Mathematics Meet on Tuesday, 10/17/17!