The first ever Williston Math Team club meeting was held this afternoon! 15 students attended, spanning all grades (7-12!) and math classes (Algebra through AP Calculus)! We can’t wait to get started!
Here’s what you need to know:
1) If you’re interested in joining the club, please fill out this short online basic info survey.
2) The club is going to meet on BLUE Tuesdays from 3:00 to 3:30 and on GREEN Mondays from 2:50 to 3:30. All club meetings will be held in Schoolhouse 25. Anyone is welcome to join who has any interest in ANY level of math.
3) This coming school year we plan on participating in on campus competitions (AMC, NEML, Math Counts) and off campus competitions (HMMT, PUMaC).
4) Will be bringing in speakers to campus as well as presenting materials on our own areas of interest.
5) We will be making trips off campus to visit math related sights. Our first trip will be to Manhattan to visit the Museum of Math and Google New York.
The launch meeting for the first ever Williston Math Team will be held on Tuesday, 9/16 from 2:50 to 3:30 p.m. in Schoolhouse room 25.
At the meeting we will discuss the general structure of the club as well as which competitions we’re going to join. We’re currently targeting two or three on-campus competitions (NEML, AMC) as well as three to five off-campus events that will take place at places such as Harvard and MIT.
Anyone who has any interest in elegant math problems is welcome to attend. You can be at ANY point in your study of mathematics to join the club.