On June 3, a group of 17 Latin students, two parents and three Williston teachers met behind the Phillips Stevens Chapel to set out on an epic journey to Naples and Rome. Our trip was organized through the Paideia Institute, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a close relationship between students and the classics.
After arriving to Fiumicino Airport in Rome the group was all smiles! At the airport we met our Paideia teaching assistant, Mitchell Towne, and boarded a chartered bus bound for Naples Bay.
Read more about this journey to the Eternal City and surrounding sites! Daily posts are below, as are links to Flickr and Facebook photo galleries. Thanks to photographers Beatrice Cody, Ellen Alvord, Sarah Klumpp, and Ethan Bradway. Posts are by Beatrice Cody.
- June 5: Paestum, Naples Archaeological Museum
- June 6: Pompeii and Herculaneum
- June 7: Roma! (Basilica of San Clemente, Baths of Caracalla, Capitoline Hill)
- June 8: Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica
- June 9: Forum, Palatine, Colosseum
- June 10: Villa Borghese, Campus Martius, Trevi Fountain
- Flickr album
- Facebook album