The Williston Northampton School will present its fall play, Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest, October 21 -23 and October 28-30, 2010. All performances will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Williston Theatre, 18 Payson Avenue, in Easthampton.
One of the most famous comedies of all times, The Importance of Being Earnest tells the story of two men who decide to take on hidden identities in order to win the women of their dreams. Set in the London countryside at the turn of the last century, the play is full of witty dialog and sly criticism of the status quo.
Tickets are $5, general admission. For more information or to reserve tickets, call the box office at 413-529-3434 or email BoxOffice@williston.com.
Cast List – In Order of Appearance
- Lane: Tony Alvarez ’11 of Chicago, IL
- Algernon Moncreif: David Simm ’11 of Westfield, MA
- Jack (Ernest) Worthing: Henry Wheeler ’11 of Weston, MA
- Gwendolen Fairfax: Elizabeth Anne Howard ’11 of East Chatham, NY
- Lady Bracknell: Emilia Caligiuri ’11 of Sag Harbor, NY
- Miss Prism: Debbie Andres ’11 of North Bergen, NJ
- Cecily Cardew: Lindsay Dirats ’11 of Easthampton, MA
- Dr. Chasuble: Ryan Phillips ’11 of South Orange, NJ
- Merriman: Jared Choi ’12 of Seoul, Republic of Korea